River Avenue Digital was invited to present the benefits of social media for small businesses at a recent networking event. Leaving your audience with a takeaway is important, so we developed a handout that each small business owner was able to take home as a reference guide.
Some of the content from the one-pages is bulleted below. Enjoy!
Why should I invest my time in social media?
Social increases brand loyalty
- 57% of people are more likely to buy from a brand that they follow on social. Sprout Social
Social: Where your prospects are
- Nearly 8 out of 10 Americans use social media. Pew Research Center
Social is the new word of mouth
- Social media is starting to catch up with search engines for discovery. Hootsuite
- The average person spends nearly two hours on social media every day (that’s 5 years and 4 months spent over a lifetime). @Mediakix
- 81% of millennials check Twitter at least once per day. Pew Research Center
- Facebook is the most widely used social platform, with 79% of US internet users. Pew Research Center
- LinkedIn boasts more than 450 million user profiles. LinkedIn
- Almost 80% of time spent on social media platforms happens on mobile. Marketingland
- Visual content is more than 40x more likely to get shared on social media than other types. HubSpot
- There are more than 50M small businesses using FB Pages to connect with their customers. Facebook
- More than 500M hours of video are watched on YouTube daily. YouTube
Top 15 Social Media Tips for Small Businesses:
- Determine which platforms you should be on.
- Develop a consistent name across all social platforms you manage.
- Add follow buttons to your website.
- What are your competitors doing? What are the big brands doing?
- Use a scheduler like Buffer, Hootsuite, or Zoho to create efficiencies.
- Post (at least) daily on each platform.
- Be human and relatable.
- Let the data direct you.
- Make your posts look professional. Credibility is important.
- Interact with followers.
- Facebook 💕 Facebook.
- Use the 80/20 rule.
- Maximize reach by posting at the right time on the right platform.
- Mix your content. Polls, questions, images, video, etc. (brand images & video)
- Spend time on your profile and link to your site.
Don’t hesitate to reach out for your complimentary digital marketing assessment. Contact us today.