Engaging in a Time of Social Distancing
Looking for new ways to engage your audience right now? While you may find it challenging to continue connecting with your customers or clients during social distancing, rest assured that there are options to keep you “close” and top of mind.
Let’s talk video.
Adding video content can be very effective for increasing engagement and making your social media more interesting and appealing. And to take it to the next level, it could be time to leverage the incredible tool already available and configured for your use – and better yet, it’s free. That tool is Facebook Live.
What is Facebook Live?
Facebook Live is a feature of the Facebook platform that uses a camera to broadcast real-time video to a Facebook page or profile. Live broadcasters can target their content to a particular audience and use it for real-time engagement.
Since its launch, live streaming video has exploded in popularity. According to Vimeo, 78% of online audiences are reported watching Facebook Live in 2018 – and we can only imagine its current popularity given our challenge of finding entertainment while social distancing.
Why Use Facebook Live?
A few simple reasons why Facebook Live is a great option:
- It is simple to use as a broadcaster and easy to consume as a user
- It makes content more interesting and it’s real-time offering a sense of urgency to engage
- The use of video keeps your face or product in front of your audience
What is the Best Way to Use Facebook Live?
So if you are open to giving it a try, consider using Facebook Live for any of the following:
- Customer Q&A
- Interview with a thought leader, client, or partner
- Fun game or performance
We’ve been experimenting with going Live this week at RAD here are some things we learned:
- You can invite other users to join your video like a group call, just click their name once they’re watching and select: Invite to video. (NOTE: this can only be done when going live from your personal profile or FB group, you CANNOT add new faces to your Facebook Live if you’re broadcasting from a business page.)
- If you have Zoom Pro you can broadcast your video calls directly to Facebook Live!
- You can save your videos once you’re finished recording.
- There are polls and questions to set up once your broadcast is live. They’re easy to set up but if you need help just let us know!
Do you want to engage with your audience but you need help with Facebook Live? We can walk you through it! Email us or call us at (484) 474-0453.