Digital Content Writer
Are You The Digital Marketing Manager
We Are Looking For?
DIGITAL CONTENT WRITER
River Avenue Digital is growing! We’re looking for an experienced, marketing-savvy writer with great creative chops (mutton chops optional) to join our team as a digital content writer.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of digital marketing experience, including creating social media posts, search engine-friendly website content, emails, and other types of digital content, as well as content calendars and other strategy documents. The candidate should also be able to interact with clients and wear multiple hats as both a content manager and project manager.
But above all, we’re looking for an outstanding writer who can craft messaging that’s consistent with our clients’ brands and personas—someone who’s just as good at coming up with short, punchy ad copy as they are at developing long-form content.
This position is based in Prospect Park, PA. The ideal candidate will split their time working from the office and working remotely.
Who We Are:
River Avenue Digital is a privately held marketing agency that leads with digital. We’re profitable, thriving, and poised for exponential growth. Based in suburban Philadelphia, we’ve cultivated an open, ego-free culture where ideas are valued and you can make a big impact both within and outside of your role.
What We Do:
River Avenue brings clarity to marketing and client acquisition strategies. We help differentiate our clients from their competition while adding the value necessary to attract new clients and retain current clients.
About The Role:
The digital content writer develops content that aligns with our clients’ business objectives and end-user needs. They are also responsible for overseeing project requirements and creating content deliverables—content calendars, social media posts, ad copy, personas/messaging matrices, blog posts, emails, metadata frameworks, SEO analyses, and style guides—across a project life cycle.
About The Candidate:
This role requires a dynamic, hands-on and coachable team player, ready to openly collaborate with peers and clients. The candidate should have the following skills:
- Written Comprehension and Expression – Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Customer Service – The ability to listen and interpret client needs, communicate with clients across various channels, respond promptly to inquiries, and communicate and coordinate with colleagues as necessary
- Organization and Multitasking – The ability to systematize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Time Management – Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- Attention to Detail – Thorough and accurate when performing tasks and following company processes and procedures
- Creativity and Originality – The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Writing and editing copy for social posts, websites, blog posts, emails, content offers, and other projects as needed
- Working with the creative team to conceptualize, plan, and execute digital marketing campaigns
- Developing new types of content from scratch to meet the demands of the ever-changing marketing industry
- Contributing to blogs, videos, press releases, and other digital marketing efforts
- Assisting with visual design and copywriting for digital advertising and social media campaigns
- Independently managing client accounts and projects as needed
- Maintaining compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or marketing/advertising
- 1-2 years of copywriting experience
- Previous experience creating content for social posts and providing creative direction for design assets
- Previous experience independently managing projects and interacting directly with clients
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Content Management Systems, Social Automation Tools)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining organization, strategy, and creativity
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Fun and modern work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work-from-home options
- 401k available